What makes your cover letter stand out to employers?
I’m an experienced recruiter and I’ve been a hiring manager, too. I’ve seen the same mistakes again and again throughout my career. But if you take a little extra time to avoid these common problems, your cover letter should really stand out!
Remember these four questions to help you write a successful cover letter and get hired:
- Why do you want to work for the company? What interests you about them?
- Talk about how your personality and skills align with what they do
- Why are you a good fit for this company and the job?
- Write about how your past work, life experiences and skills meet the important requirements of the job
- How are you personalizing this cover letter sample?
- Tailor your cover letter to the job you’re applying for
- Address the cover letter to whoever will be reading it. If you don’t know who will be reading it, you can address it as “To the Hiring Committee” or “To the Hiring Manager”
- Have you proofread your cover letter?
- Make sure to check for correct spelling and grammar before sending out your cover letter!
[Your Name] September 17, 2019
- [Phone Number]
I am interested in applying for the Model position with your agency. I have long heard about your agency and have aspired to work for your esteemed company. I have an extensive background in modeling since the age of nine, and I am confident that I will be a suitable candidate for this position and an invaluable asset to your company.
With my unique look and versatility, I have successfully presented clothing and products for a number of high-profile clothing and household brands in runway shows, commercials and print media. I am very familiar and comfortable when standing in front of the crowds and cameras and able to express myself in accordance with the requirements of the photographer or art directors. I am often commended by the photographers for being professional and gracious.
I believe that models should not only portray the beauty and the look of health and fitness, but to practice and live the lifestyle as well. Having that in mind, I am very disciplined in maintaining a healthy diet and fitness regime to feel positive and keep my physique in excellent condition. I am confident that my progressive experience and achievements coupled with my disciplined nature will enhance and fit well with your company’s image.
Please refer to my headshot photo enclosed herein and my Instagram which speak for themselves. Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email to fix up an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
How to write a model cover letter?
- Include your full name and contact information at the top of your cover letter
- Start the cover letter by respectfully addressing the recipient by name
- Mention where you found the job posting and your interest in the opportunity
- Use the first paragraph to explain why you would be a great hire as the model
- Briefly discuss your experiences, qualifications and accomplishments related to this opportunity
- Thank the reader and express interest in discussing the role in more detail
- End the cover letter with a professional sign-off and your full name
- Your cover letter should be one-page or or less in length