What makes your cover letter stand out to employers?
I’m an experienced recruiter and I’ve been a hiring manager, too. I’ve seen the same mistakes again and again throughout my career. But if you take a little extra time to avoid these common problems, your cover letter should really stand out!
Remember these four questions to help you write a successful cover letter and get hired:
- Why do you want to work for the company? What interests you about them?
- Talk about how your personality and skills align with what they do
- Why are you a good fit for this company and the job?
- Write about how your past work, life experiences and skills meet the important requirements of the job
- How are you personalizing this cover letter sample?
- Tailor your cover letter to the job you’re applying for
- Address the cover letter to whoever will be reading it. If you don’t know who will be reading it, you can address it as “To the Hiring Committee” or “To the Hiring Manager”
- Have you proofread your cover letter?
- Make sure to check for correct spelling and grammar before sending out your cover letter!
- [Phone Number]
Dear Ms. Johnson,
As a long-time follower of your company, I was I was excited to see the opening for Data Analyst on your business website. The opportunity to work with your company and fulfill this role is a fantastic opportunity, and I feel that my education and recent job experience make me the ideal candidate for the position.
My professional experience has given me the opportunity to work with a diverse team and meet company goals in a timely manner. I know your company is looking to reach new customers and continue to grow, and I have a track record of promoting this in the workplace. As you’ll notice in my attached resume, I have recently earned an award for “Excellence in Data Analysis” and feel I can utilize these same skills to further your businesses initiatives.
In closing, I am excited about the opportunity and feel can fully support the team as well as the business and encourage the overall growth of the company. I look forward to hearing more about the position and appreciate your consideration.
How to write a data analyst cover letter?
- Include your full name and contact information at the top of your cover letter
- Start the cover letter by respectfully addressing the recipient by name
- Mention where you found the job posting and your interest in the opportunity
- Use the first paragraph to explain why you would be a great hire as the data analyst
- Briefly discuss your experiences, qualifications and accomplishments related to this opportunity
- Thank the reader and express interest in discussing the role in more detail
- End the cover letter with a professional sign-off and your full name
- Your cover letter should be one-page or or less in length