Ways to improve my resume
Should classroom sizes be listed in the resume?
How should awards and/or certifications be shown?
What soft skills should be listed?
What tone should be employed in the resume?
How long should a teaching resume be?
Should a teacher's subject specialties be included?
Goal-driven professional educator offering 5+ years of experience working with special needs, learning-different and general population students. Skilled at evaluating student abilities with academic goals to tailor lesson plans and programs accordingly. Flair for establishing rapport with students to engender trust and promote physical, social and emotional growth.
- Provided high-quality instructional teaching to classes of 25-30 students aged 4-6
- Developed curriculum from the ground-up while complying with guidance from State Ministry
- Prepared special after school programs for students needing additional help in ESL
- Enhanced reading levels by effectively modifying lessons to accommodate all competencies
- Used positive reinforcement to crystallize ideal behaviors and mediate conflict calm
- Led one-on-one remedial sessions for children with special needs and/or learning disabilities
- Emphasized social learning by promoting values such as collaboration and teamwork
- Adapted teaching materials and styles to the needs of individual students to accelerate growth
- Achieved an average of 15% improvement in student test scores over the course of a year
- Formulated activities to meet each student's individual needs and abilities
State of Texas Teaching License
|Individualized Education Plans||Advanced|
|Creative Lesson Planning||Advanced|
|Special Needs Education||Advanced|
Communicating with Children / Dr. Sara Silverstein
Special Needs Education/ Dr. Sara Silverstein
Curriculum Development and Planning / Dr. Sara Silverstein