- Perfect for people with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Employers and hiring managers see your best hiring features easily.
- Professionally formatted for any business or industry.
- City and state show distance from work.
- Years and industry experience are quickly highlighted.
- Popular customer service skills and descriptions that employers want.
- Powerful action verbs that get attention for applicants.
- Easy to upload to ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems).
Ways to improve my resume
What skills should I put on my customer service resume?
The skills you should put on a customer service resume are usually related to verbal communication, written communication, organization, teamwork, payment processing and customer service. Hiring managers may also look for point-of-sale (POS), cleaning, inventory and stocking skills.
What do I include on a customer service resume if I have no experience?
Include relevant skills on a customer service resume if you have no experience, such as accomplishments in school, extracurricular activities and academic projects. List experiences where you used customer service skills like communication, teamwork, organization and problem solving.
What should you include in a customer service resume summary?
A customer service resume summary should include your years of relevant work experience, customer service skills and why you are a qualified candidate to hire.
What are popular titles for customer service jobs?
Popular titles for customer service jobs job titles include Customer Service Associate, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Technician, Sales Associate and Customer Care Associate. Use the same title as the job posting you are applying for when writing your resume.
What do customer service employers look for in a resume?
Customer service employers look for people with relevant skills like communication, organization, teamwork and problem solving who have experience working with customers, clients and guests. Employers will want to know your related experiences and accomplishments and why they should hire you.
What companies have customer service jobs?
Most companies have customer service jobs across many industries and company sizes, including retail and technology. Customer service jobs can be in-person with customers and other jobs use the phone or web to support customers.
How long should a customer service resume be?
A customer service resume should be one page long if you have less than 10 years of work experience. You may have a two page resume if you have more than 10 years of experience.
Do I need to include references on my resume?
You do not need to include a list of references on your resume and you do not need to write ‘References Available Upon Request’. Employers will ask you for references during the interview process if they need them. Use that space on your resume to focus on relevant experiences instead.
Customer Service Representative with two years of experience in the technology and retail industries. Proven expert at helping customers by finding creative solutions. Passionate about providing stellar service. Known for being organized and a strong team player.
|Written and Verbal Communication||Advanced|
|Stocking and Inventory||Advanced|
As a Customer Service Specialist with Apple, works at a high-volume retail location.
- Assists an average of 30 customers per shift.
- Engages with guests to uncover their problems and needs.
- Suggests products and solutions that are within budget.
- Thoroughly examines phones, laptops, and other devices to troubleshoot issues.
- Promptly informs management of trending hardware and software defects.
As a Customer Service Specialist at Forever 21, worked the retail floor at a busy mall location.
- Worked on a team of five to help ~250 customers per shift.
- Quickly processed customer credit card and cash payments.
- Assisted customers with finding a certain clothing size or style.
- Suggested accessory options to create beautiful head-to-toe outfits.
- Stocked and organized shelves with new inventory.