What makes your cover letter stand out to employers?
I’m an experienced recruiter and I’ve been a hiring manager, too. I’ve seen the same mistakes again and again throughout my career. But if you take a little extra time to avoid these common problems, your cover letter should really stand out!
Remember these four questions to help you write a successful cover letter and get hired:
- Why do you want to work for the company? What interests you about them?
- Talk about how your personality and skills align with what they do
- Why are you a good fit for this company and the job?
- Write about how your past work, life experiences and skills meet the important requirements of the job
- How are you personalizing this cover letter sample?
- Tailor your cover letter to the job you’re applying for
- Address the cover letter to whoever will be reading it. If you don’t know who will be reading it, you can address it as “To the Hiring Committee” or “To the Hiring Manager”
- Have you proofread your cover letter?
- Make sure to check for correct spelling and grammar before sending out your cover letter!
- [Phone Number]
Dear Mrs. Wilson,
It is with great pleasure that I am applying for the Real Estate position at Vivid Realty. I am a business professional with a Bachelor's degree in Business Management and over eight years of real estate agent experience. I possess well-rounded experience concerning interior construction, leasing, and administrative processes associated with real estate and residential properties.
During my tenure as a real estate agent for XYZ Real Estate, I was involved in a multitude of projects. Whether from a financial standpoint or assisting with the daily logistics of the project, I’ve assisted companies with ground floor real estate endeavors, utilizing my entrepreneurial skills to advance the company’s short- and long-term revenue goals. Among the qualities I offer that I know are vital to the success of a real estate agent are my persistence, professionalism, strong work ethic, and results-driven approach to work.
My communication skills are sharp and I pride myself on always making sure the people I work with, especially my clients are on the same page. I have been commended by past supervisors for my professional friendly service and I would love to bring my talents to the team of Vivid Realty.
In closing, I am thrilled at the possibility and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value I can bring to Vivid Realty.
I appreciate your time and consideration and look forward to speaking with you soon!
How to write a real estate agent cover letter?
- Include your full name and contact information at the top of your cover letter
- Start the cover letter by respectfully addressing the recipient by name
- Mention where you found the job posting and your interest in the opportunity
- Use the first paragraph to explain why you would be a great hire as the real estate agent
- Briefly discuss your experiences, qualifications and accomplishments related to this opportunity
- Thank the reader and express interest in discussing the role in more detail
- End the cover letter with a professional sign-off and your full name
- Your cover letter should be one-page or or less in length