Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know all about brands. From refrigerators to sneakers, football teams to cosmetics, brands are everywhere. However, did you ever spend a chunk of quality time thinking about your own personal brand? Believe it or not, finding and promoting it is as important for you as a job seeker as it is for a multibillion-dollar corporation. Here are some tips that can help to get your thinking started on this important topic:
1. Figure out what makes you tick. Take time to understand what sets you apart from everyone else in the world. Believe it or not, there is not another person among the world’s billions who looks at life in the same way or has had the identical experiences that you have. That makes you uniquely interesting and appealing. The key is to figure out those quintessential elements and to articulate them.
2. Tell the world. Once you come to know what makes you amazing, tell the world. Shout it from the rooftops in whatever way makes the most sense to you. Harness the Internet by creating a social media presence, writing a blog and becoming the author of your own newsletter.
3. Make yourself memorable. As amazing as you may be, that’s only half of the equation. You need to come up with ways to communicate that to those around you. In general, the brand that “thinks outside the box” will be the one that grabs and keeps the viewers’ attention.
4. Make sure you follow the three C’s of branding: clarity, consistency and constancy whenever you communicate. Be yourself, reflecting those unique qualities you worked so hard to elucidate. Don’t confuse people with overblown words or hard-to-understand concepts. The more real and natural you are, the more your message will resonate.
5. Innovate. Once people know who you are, it’s up to you to show them how you can make a unique difference with your product or service. Gain your customers’ appreciation by matching what makes you special with your customer’s most pressing need or priority.
With information swirling around consumers like a gigantic swarm of bees, it is crucial that you do everything you can to set yourself apart from the rest of the buzzing and confusion. Taking the time to explore what makes you different from the rest and figuring out how to communicate it could be one of the most valuable uses of your time that you have ever done. It may well be the difference between anonymity and universal recognition.
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.